September 26, 2010

Little Big Kicks

Kaden has started his first year of soccer. Unfortunately, mom and dad want him to play more than he does. He is so shy and unsure of the unknown. He was so excited to go to soccer and talked about it for weeks but when it came time to leave mom on the sidelines he was ready to go home. So Makayla and I took turns helping him out on the field so that he would actually play. Week 2 went a little better and he says he likes to play soccer but this time he wouldn't let dad leave his sight. Any suggestions on how to get this little guy out of his "bubble", I'll take them!!
We couldn't even talk Makayla into playing this year which really stinks. She is afraid she wouldn't know anyone on the team. Yep! That's right she is miss social!! However, when she is out there with Kaden she really wants to play. I have to keep reminding her that she can't be on his team and that she needs to stay off the field. lol I am hoping that I can at least talk her into Softball..

2 comments:

The VanDarlings said...

Sooo cute! Megan is going to do a little soccer and baseball camp this month and next. I can't wait!

Doty Family said...

It is so fun to have them do sports. I just don't know what to do with my shy kids. Drives me crazy sometimes!! I have already started on Makayla, letting her know that she IS playing softball this year. LOL We'll see who wins the battle.