November 10, 2008

Saline Valley 2008


We just got back last night from our annual trip to Saline Valley, CA. When I went to bed last night all I could think was, WHAT A LONG DRIVE! But we had such a good time. It was definitely a different trip for us this year. We did a lot more of just hanging around camp then we have ever done, which was probably good with both of the kids. The kids did great with the drive and also camping out in the middle of nowhere without the comforts of home. I could have stayed longer but we had to get back to reality.


We promised Makayla she could drive once we got to a certian spot on the road. I have to admit, she did a pretty good job.

"Doesn't this look like a prefect spot for a gas can?"
Casuality of a very rough road. -1 gas can


OUR GROUPS CAMP




THE GROUP












































SALINE WILDLIFE

We saw more wildlife this trip then we have ever seen I think. There were some really cool birds, burros, lizards, spiders (not that I thought the spiders were very cool!), coyotes, bats. . . .


Tarantula - a hairy and often very LARGE spider. Most tarantulas are harmless to humans.

Lizard


BURRO (aka donkey)

THE TUBS

3 comments:

The VanDarlings said...

That looks like such a beautiful place to go. I think you're going to have to spill your secret and tell us where it is!! And I like the idea of spreading out summer and camping in November!!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

ahhhh! heaven in the desert! Your pictures make anyone want to head down!

jonah and becky lang said...

ah i wish i was there with you... that was one of the best experiences of my life to date...someday we will go back...!