April 5, 2010

Myla Nicole



Our new little bundle.
What a little blessing. It has been a rough road the last couple days. Sunday I was so sick from the Magnesium that Myla suffered from it too. I wasn't able to keep anything down so we both had a diet of Mag and IV fluids for almost an entire day. I kept asking the nurses if that was going to be a problem for Myla and they didn't seem to think so, they though my milk should still come in and she would be fine. . . . . well today we found out different. When they went to do her checkup before releasing us today they found that she had lost too much weight to leave. So, long story (day) short, they decided to release me but keep her for one more night. I am able to stay with her so that I can keep nursing and working on my milk supply. We worked all day on nursing her EVERY time she wanted to suck and finally this evening we started to supplement with a tube while nursing. Finally after almost two days she got a good nap and was content!! Thank God! I think I have literally had 6 hours of sleep in the last two days so I am so thankful that they decided to keep her and to have help making her happy and giving her a full tummy. In the next 24 hours we should be in a lot better shape and then able to go home. It will be nice to finally be home as a family. Meanwhile I just continue to fall in love with this precious little girl.

No comments: